Let’s face it, not everyone can be Cajun. Lucky, for those who aren’t (like people that live North of I-10 for example) there is a new tech device on the market: Cajun VR.
Virtual Reality (VR) is the use of computer technology to create a simulated environment. Unlike traditional user interfaces, VR places the user inside an experience. Instead of viewing a screen in front of them, users are immersed and able to interact with 3D worlds. In with Cajun VR, users will be able to experience many things that go along with being a Cajun.
- stirring a pot of jambalaya
- making a roux with Cooking MawMaw (similar to the hit Nintendo Wii game Cooking Mama)
- catching a bullfrog from the bow of a boat
- eating a link of boudin, play an accordion along with zydeco superstar Wayne Toups (and to other “activities” he’s known for)
- participate in a street fight in front of Cowboys
- drive a white Ford F-150
- sit in traffic in front of Chick-Fil-A on Ambassador Cafferey
- skin a nutria
- shell crawfish (you can even suck the heads)!
- throw beads in a virtual Mardi Gras celebration
- stand atop a semi truck like Gordon McKernan
- paddle the Bayou Teche in a pirouge
- toss a football with Drew Brees
- shell peas with grandma while she goes on a racist rant
- visit some of your favorite Acadiana establishments: Avery Island, the Acadiana zoo, even the Target on Northside!
Local idiot Joey Rogers says, “It was great. I can almost taste the boudin. The Nola Mardi Gras experience was my favorite, next to enjoying Meemaw rant about black people and Mexicans. I swear I could smell the stale urine and Bud Light on Bourbon Street as I walked about!”
Download the experience today in the Oculus VR suite and enjoy the Cajun VR experience like a true Cajun!