School is cancelled tomorrow due to the temperature dropping below 40ºF. History Channel’s Ice Road Truckers will be documenting the chaos!
School is cancelled for tomorrow! If you’re from Louisiana, you know that driving here can be an absolutely pain. Some would even say that we have the worst drivers in the United States. Be prepared to keep the kids home from school tomorrow if you live in Lafayette Parish or Saint Mary Parish as school has been cancelled as of 12/7/2017 at 1PM (see the link for details from KATC-TV3).
- All Lafayette Parish schools and offices
- Lafayette Parish Catholic schools are closed due to severe weather Friday, December 8, with the exception of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School in Scott. Officials say they are monitoring possible public school closures in other Acadiana parishes and will announce any decisions regarding Catholic schools in those parishes.
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Lafayette Christian Academy
- St Cecilia in Broussard
- All three campuses of Ascension Episcopal School
- Episcopal School of Acadiana – Cade and Lafayette
- Gethsemane Christian Academy and Gethsemane LaPetite Early Childhood Development Center
- United Christian Academy
- Acadiana Renaissance Charter Academy
- All Locations of Sugar ‘n Spice Preschools and Vacation Station
St. Thomas More Catholic High School
- Lafayette Renaissance Charter Academy
- Church Academy Lafayette
- First Baptist Christian School downtown Lafayette
St. Mary Parish
- All St. Mary Parish public schools and offices
- V.B. Glencoe Charter School
Whenever the weather is below 40ºF and there’s even the slightest chance of rain, Louisiana shuts down everything lest it turn into Ice Road Truckers: Louisiana Edition. The History Channel learned about this phenomenon and has opted to film a special episode in Acadiana this year!
There will be a fleet of t-boys in white, Ford-150s with camera crews and GoPro cameras attached to their truck-nuts. We will be riding along and following a handful of baws that are handling their daily business: driving to Fourchon for their hitch, delivering BJ’s pizza, waiting in line at Chik-Fil-A on Ambassador, etc.
Everyone is being reminded that you are not in traffic, you are traffic. Please be wary of the film crews everyone. It’s not necessary that you put chains on the tires of your Nissan Versas, but please be mindful to slow down, brake early, and have patience as many others won’t have the forethought to do so. Don’t believe us? Tune in tomorrow for the inevitable stories about all of the accidents that are going to occur!
Also, enjoy this article about the time Donald Trump visited New Iberia in order to get the world-famous New Iberia haircut!